HW/SW TEST TOOL ENGINEER
You will be HW/SW Test Tool Engineer within the Hardware validation team. You will be involved in the architecture, development, manufacturing and training of new lab equipment. You participate to the validation of Softkinetic hardware product during Camera characterization campaigns.
- You design, order components, construct and maintain hardware equipment based on user’s specifications.
- You develop and maintain software to control test equipment following state of the art software development workflow.
- You write automated test scripts to check product quality of Softkinetic hardware with respect to product specifications.
- You organize the lab’s equipment to optimize lab operation efficiency and to ensure safety of personal.
- You support the validation team by participating to camera test campaigns
- You continuously propose improvements on lab organization and tools.
- You share knowledge and train staff to the use of new equipment.
- You follow-up and keep track of camera logistic.
- You have a university (bachelor with experience / master) degree in mechatronic, electronic or software.
- You have a feeling with physics: optics, mechanics, thermal
- You have a 1st experience in designing multidisciplinary test bench or test engineering preferably in the Electronics and/or advanced technology industry
- You are organized with willingness to learn.
- You can demonstrate understanding of quality and safety
- You have good knowledge on Python
- You feel confident in using 3D printers, laser cutting tools, 3D CAD software
- You are fluent in English
- You are open to work in an R&D international environment
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “HW/SW TEST TOOL ENGINEER” in the subject field..
3D CAMERA MODULE HARDWARE ENGINEER
You will be involved in our projects focusing on designing, debugging and testing new electronic products, in particular state-of-the-art pioneering real-time 3D depth sensing cameras systems combining IR, RGB and Depth technologies in embedded systems. This involves designing/optimizing electronical circuits and architectures, testing out new components to add new vision features to the camera and to lower the BOM cost, as well as redesigning and miniaturizing existing designs. This in an environment where all specialists of the entire chain of the system (analog and digital IC design and verification, IC validation, camera module system design and verification, driver development, middle ware development) are a few footsteps away. This local full system coverage is clearly one of the main assets of SoftKinetic, and something that we want to build further upon. You will leverage your expertise to boost time-to-market of the camera products with teams in Europe and in Asia.
We offer you the opportunity to gain multidisciplinary experience with advanced camera module and system design, and to cooperate with major microelectronics companies all over the world. We provide in-house training and give you opportunities to follow courses relevant for the job description.
Depending on your experience you will also take the lead in camera projects, setting up project charts and goals. You will than make sure that the team reaches the deadlines in time.
You will work on:
- Research, design of prototypes & verify new components for integration into next-gen 3D camera systems, RGB/Z/IR.
- Produce and maintain electrical schematic diagram.
- Follow-up of the PCB design.
- Integrating new components into existing system designs.
- Miniaturizing existing designs and ensuring design compliance with physical constraints.
- Research, design and test out new components for integration of next-gen 3D camera module systems.
- Industrialize existing designs, certify designs for regulatory requirements (EMC, USB, etc).
- Produce accurate and concise technical reports and design documentation.
- Assist the project management in project follow-up and customer contacts.
- Provide feed-back to IC design team.
- Maintaining the BOM.
- Depending on your skills you might also be involved in FW development and or maintenance of USB backends and/or FPGA.
- Speeding up the time-to-market of the camera products with teams in Europe & Asia.
- You have at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position. Master degree is preferred.
- You have practical experience with mixed signal and power electronics techniques
- You have excellent speaking and understanding of English, knowledge of Japanese is a plus.
- Experience on PCB design for consumer electronics
- Experience with designs for the automotive world and automotive certifications is a big plus.
- Experience with analog, thermal and mechanical simulations is of added value.
- Programming skills are a plus (scripting (Python), c/c++, microcontrollers, …)
- Knowledge of VHDL/VERILOG and FPGA programming is of added value
- We are looking for someone with an analytical mind and strong commitment to quality. You are problem-solving oriented and like to take initiatives.
- You are also goal oriented and you have an innovative approach to solving problems, keeping the overall system in mind.
- This job might include short trips abroad for training and/or cooperation with clients and/or partners mostly in USA and ASIA.
- Team spirit and social skills are very important as we have locally a multidisciplinary team of hardware and software engineers (IC design – camera module design – driver – middle ware), and the short contact links to build further on our strong system knowledge is a key asset.
We are looking for an HR officer in our Brussels office. You will advise and support the HR Manager in HR matters.
These are your responsbilities :
You are partly responsible of the recruitment
- You are responsible for the whole recruitment process for a number of vacancies (creating the job vacancy, choosing on the channels, interviews, contract proposals, …)
- You are responsible for our career website
- You are responsible for the employer branding of the company
- You build our presence on job fairs and universities
- You improve the way of working for internships
- You are the point of contact for the managers regarding recruitment of your vacancies
Training: you help to keep a view on the training budget and you help to organize the training
You are co-responsible for the events of the company (fun activities, teambuilding, …)
You are helping on the following domains:
- Varia: follow-up in renewing/entering the work permit, point of contact for questions regarding the hospitalization insurance and group insurance, …
- You have a bachelor degree in Human Resource or equivalent by experience
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a similar position
- You have knowledge of the Belgian law
- Experience with research & development files and expats is a plus
- You have a good knowledge of French, Dutch and English
- You manage your time effectively and you have strong analytical skills. You possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and you are able to maintain confidential information.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
The Product Marketing Manager will be responsible for communication, marketing and promotional activities of specific SoftKinetic products and services, such as DepthSense camera modules and software libraries. Essentially a B2B ecosystem in the mobile, wearable, automotive and robotics markets, the job requires an adaptive spirit.
The candidate will work in Brussels, Belgium within the Softkinetic team, comprised of technical, creative and business minded professionals. He/she will report to the CMO. He/she will work in close collaboration with the operational marketing manager and the product managers.
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining product marketing material for specific 3D products. The material will include product datasheets, videos, and user guides
- You will organize and manage product related activities during tradeshow and conferences
- As we expand our technologies into multiple markets, SoftKinetic is holding DepthSense 3D Workshops & Conferences. You will be coordinating and managing the external suppliers (venue, PR, sponsors) and the internal suppliers (SoftKinetic R&D, marketing)
- You will also be coordinating the on-site event and logistics of the workshops and conferences
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with the following skills and experience:
- Hardware and software B2B business model
- Competition analysis and market watch
- Event planning and organization
- Technology background
- Imaging technology experience
- Software development experience
- Embedded hardware experience
- Project planning
- Production management
- Graphic Design
- Static and motion graphics
- Web design
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere, Illustrator)
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- French/Dutch is a plus
You will advise and support management and employees in financial, processes and compliance matters covering all departments of the company in order to support the business to achieve corporate objectives.
- Finance : you will provide assistance and advice in the following areas:
- Business and budget control, including cost management, revenue management and taxes
- Monthly reporting with indication of the target plan versus the actual performance
- Collection, analyses & interpretation of data and creation of reports to support our management team to (re)evaluate their business plan on time and take the right management decisions for the future
- Participation in the setup of the Consolidated account (submission and review process)
2. Processes : you will provide assistance and advice in the following areas:
- Effective use of existing procedures and processes in whole departments of the company
- Recommendations for improving effectiveness of procedures and processes in line with Sony Global policies
- Management of NDAs and contracts
- Data protection requirements
3. Compliance : you will provide assistance and advice in the following areas:
- Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls.
- Corporate account compliance policies
- Risk Management
- EU regulations
- You have a Master degree in Economics, Commercial Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience is a plus
- English is mandatory (Dutch, French or Japanese is a plus).
- You have excellent cross-functional collaboration and relationship building skills
- You are able to work independently
- You have an analytical mind
- You are pro active
- You are a Team player
- You are flexible
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
Softkinetic’s Engineering organization consists of following units:
- System development,
- Hardware development,
- Software development,
- Validation & QA,
And working across these competence teams :
- Technical Project Management unit, and
- Corporate Application Engineering & customer Support unit.
As Senior Manager you will be part of the R&D Staff, reporting to the VP Engineering, and you will have a senior role inside the Technical Project Management and CAE Customer support teams.
As Senior R&D Project Manager you will be responsible to define, lead and drive projects inside SoftKinetic’s R&D organization. Your focus and responsibility will in first place be in defining and successfully leading our ‘very next generation’ system solution program, which includes IC, Module, System and Software sub-projects.
The scope of your work will be cross-functional with the engineers in the system, hardware and software teams, Corporate and Field Application engineers at SoftKinetic and Sony Japan, as well as in direct co-operation with external parties, such as suppliers and customers.
Understanding customer Requirements, and writing TRD (Technical Requirement Documents) aligned with Marketing on MRD (Marketing Requirements Documents) before the start of the projects, is part of your job; you will as well define the resource needs, development plans, and budgets to run the project. You will report on the project status in a clear manner and with the necessary metrics. Being agile and creative to lead the projects to the end, with the mandatory quality, cost control and time-to-market constraints are essential.
As senior person, you will also contribute to continuously improve the necessary Methods & Tools to support the product development cycle, from design up to maintenance and customer support. You will also coach colleagues in the practical usage of these processes. This, in particular for IC and System related projects. With your practical experience in QMS, you will also actively contribute in setting up and improving the processes needed within the R&D organisation, this to ensure quality in the daily work of Softkinetic, and make it aligned with Sony’s Quality standards and best practices. You will do that as part of the coreteam working on SK’s QMS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Product (SK/Customers) & programs definition and execution:
- You will write TRD (Technical Requirement Document) and guide the design teams to write their DS (Design Spec) documents with the necessary inputs from technical experts, to define specifications for future products and IP, to be developed as part of the Strategic Roadmap and in co-operation with "Alpha" [first lead] customers and S&M (aligning on MRD’s : Marketing Requirement Documents).
- You will run Feasibility projects, for investigating new concepts or for pre-validating and assessing efforts to further develop these concepts into R&D projects to be run.
- You will define, set up and run R&D projects, required to reach product performance specified in aforementioned TRD and DS. This implies defining the project definition, milestones and deliverables, budget, resourcing and timeline, getting it approved at start of the project via a NPR (New Project Request) and comply with this along the execution of the project.
- If needed, you will initiate contacts with external companies, partners, vendors, customers having existing expertise in this field to set up joined R&D projects. You will advise SK management in which companies are at the technological forefront and can be of strategic importance
- During the execution, you will regularly report status. You are responsible to reach together with the design & validation teams and the technical experts, the performance, quality, cost targets set at the beginning of the project.
- You will be deeply technically involved in aforementioned Feasibility and R&D projects, from first measurements up to a demonstrated ‘Proof-of-Concept’, afterwards leading the implementation of the IP or product, ready for product launch.
- You will do this in close co-operation with SK & Sony team leaders and engineers, yourself functionally leading the Project Core Team.
- You will be responsible as technical point of contact for customer interactions, while also involving the Corporate Application and Support team.
- You will contribute to continuously improve the necessary Methods & Tools to support the product development cycle, coach your colleague Technical Project Leaders in using these M&T.
- You will report weekly to your direct manager and to the SK/Sony management
Methods and tools:
- Contribute to analyse and propose enhancements for IC and System methods and tools.
- Contribute to continuously improve the necessary Methods & Tools to support the product development cycle used in the Technical Program Management unit and throughout the R&D organization.
- Contribute to integrating SK’s design methodology with Sony’s QMS best practices, and build up a QMS system, as part of the QMS coreteam.
People management :
- Coaching of engineers involved in your projects, and throughout the organization
- Defining and tracking project budgets
- You have a Master degree in engineering, micro-electronics, computer science, electronics
- You have 10+ years experience with managing large and highly technical projects, with many stakeholders ( local and remote technical teams from Softkinetic and inside Sony’s organisation, customer interactions to understand and meet their expectations, Softkinetic and Sony management, suppliers and vendors, … ) ; Project definition, planning, budgeting and tracking till successful completion ;
- Practical experience with setting up and deploying QMS into R&D organizations is a plus.
- PMI certified is a plus.
- You have a strong command of English
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset in the multi-cultural organization and global environment Softkinetic is working in (Japan, Korea, China, Asia, US, Europe)
- You are able to make good synthesis of product requirements and spec (TRD) writing
- You have a broad technical knowledge (system, hw, electronics, micro-electronics, optics, sw), and you are able to work inter-disciplinary with domain experts and engineers
- For IC/System projects : You have in-depth knowledge of chip / hardware architectures, design and verification practices and tools; You have a proven knowledge of Systems, Software (embedded systems) used in conjunction with IC’s .
- You have experience and affinity with working with external and customer technical teams, with necessary tact and social skills; both technical and QA/QMS related items.
- You have an analytical mind, strong commitment to quality and attention to detail are necessary. You are able to work in team and take initiative to lead a project team, also in difficult and stress conditions
- You are goal-oriented, pragmatic and an innovative problem-solver; you will technically contribute to analyse and solve problems that might occur, and more importantly think and act pro-actively to avoid problems and do risk-mitigation.
- You are able to make clear reporting, internally to Softkinetic and Sony management , but also in interaction with external customers
- You are a team-player, you have good social skills and a broad interest in technology are a must since you will be working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team of hardware and software engineers
Personality: Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
11 Boulevard de la Plaine/Pleinlaan
1050 Brussels, Belgium.
We are looking for a new receptionist. This person will have the following responsibilities
- Treating calls, transferring calls and filtering calls.
- Greeting clients at the door and filtering people entering the building
- Providing beverage to clients etc
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages (national and international)
- When security is not present for front door and garage making sure people have access to our buildings.
- Booking meetings rooms and making sure that reservations are held according to the procedure.
- Upon special meetings events, organizing catering services for meetings
- Reserving taxi
- Providing necessary security sheet to security
- Keeping stock for taxi vouchers
- Hotel booking for reservation, changes and cancellations
- Plane tickets with potential changes and cancellations
- Frequent mileages management
- General maintenance of the offices
- General purchases
- You have min 3 years of experience in a similar position
- You are tri lingual (French - Dutch - English)
- 38 working week (starting at 8.30)
- Good communication skills
- Stress resistant
SOFTWARE PROOF-OF-CONCEPT ENGINEER
The software proof-of-concept (PoC) engineer will design and execute leading-edge PoCs including software, hardware and solutions that our external and internal customers will use to evaluate SoftKinetic’s 3D Time-of-flight technology. These PoCs will be made up of ToF CMOS sensors, optical components, IR light sources, device drivers, custom middleware and applications.
- You will adapt existing depth-sensing technologies into customized proof-of-concept demonstration systems to show how new technologies might be used.
- You will create small volume batches of these PoCs for use in external and internal Sony/SoftKinetic teams.
- You will work closely with external customers, product managers, user experience experts and quality engineers to develop concepts that will enlighten and inspire new ways to use our technology.
- You will transfer promising PoCs to R&D to productize them.
- Occasional travel to external and internal customer locations may be required.
- You have a Bachelor degree (Master is preferred) or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 4 years of experience in consumer, automotive or industrial products engineering.
- You have a genuine passion for pioneering new technologies.
- You excel in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times
- You are able to adapt to changing technology needs and good customer skills.
- You have a solid understanding of hardware and software systems and their interactions with the complete system.
- You have extensive experience in Windows, Linux and Android
- You have excellent software engineering skills, including design and architecture of low level image, vision and signal processing pipelines
- You are fluent in device driver, SDK and application development
- You have demonstrable C/C++, Python and Java skills
- You have a good understanding of video and audio USB devices and codecs on Windows and Linux.
- You have knowledge of sensor data transfer interfaces such as MIPI, LVDS and DVP.
- You have excellent analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- You are proficient in English (written and verbal communication skills).
- Having an understanding of camera optics, sensors (ideally 3D) and IR illuminators (laser and/or LED) is a major plus
- You are passionate about software development and excited to work as part of a dynamic, ambitious team.
Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and write “Software PoC Engineer” in the subject field.
Posted on June 12, 2016
PRODUCT MANAGER AUTOMOTIVE
SoftKinetic’s footprint in automotive is expanding exponentially. As the leading supplier of 3D time-of-flight CMOS imaging solutions for in-vehicle gesture control, we are growing to encompass more cutting-edge solutions in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving (AD). To align our engineering development with customer demands, we need a product manager who can distill product definitions out of customer requirements and engineering ideas. You will be driving SoftKinetic’s automotive product roadmap for next-generation 3D depth sensing image sensors, modules and breathtaking algorithms.
The successful 3D Solutions Automotive Product Manager will bring to market 3D solutions revolutionizing the user experience for partial, high and full autonomous vehicles.
- You have the knowledge and experience to define and manage SoftKinetic 3D silicon, module and software product roadmaps through customer and partner interaction, market analysis and usage scenarios
- You have the desire to “own” complete product strategies, including working with R&D to build what customers need
- You drive and manage partnerships with key ecosystem partners in the silicon and ODM space to influence the partners’ roadmaps, and understand the partners’ roadmap impact on SoftKinetic solutions
- You are detail-oriented and you write Product Requirements Documents and reconcile product specifications through understanding customer requirements and roadmaps as well as the industry roadmap for surrounding hardware and software
- You have vision to review and assist in development of product specifications and use cases
- You assist the marketing department with the creation of marketing collateral including sales/marketing presentations, white papers and technical briefs.
- You define and manage completion of compelling product demos with internal resources and external partners driving perception of SoftKinetic vision leadership.
- You have the passion to evangelize the SoftKinetic products at tradeshows and industry conferences
- Finally, you have the insight to contribute to competitive analysis studies and Market Requirements Documents in the automotive market
You will report to Senior Director Sales & Business Development
You are based in Brussels, Belgium. You are willing to travel 25-30% of the time
The ideal candidate we are looking for has the following qualifications:
- Master or Bachelor in engineering, MBA preferred
- You have several years of proven experience in defining & managing products through the entire product lifecycle for mass-market silicon product solutions. Preferably these silicon products involved significant software content and ecosystem development and the candidate can demonstrate accomplishments in these areas
- You have previous product management experience in the automotive domain. Knowledge of Advance Driving Assistance Systems, LiDAR, SPADs, image sensors and the field of machine learning is a plus
If you combine this with
- Natural leadership with the capability to engage and develop networks
- Vision and bias for defining and creating unique new user experiences and great consumer products
- Self-starting attitude, with a strong sense of ownership and a critical mindset
- Strong business acumen and experience in a customer facing role
- An analytical mindset who is capable of translating market information into new product offerings
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Potential for career growth
Then you could be the candidate that we are looking for!
Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Product Manager Automotive” in the subject field..
Posted on May 19, 2017
SoftKinetic is actively looking for 2nd year’s Master students, to do a short-term (1month at least) or mid-term (6months) internship in our Brussels lab, as part of SoftKinetic’s R&D organization.
Have a look at our internship opportunities.
We are open to other related topics that Professors or students would like to research as long as they are in alignment with our core activities. So do not hesitate to contact us with your proposals or with questions related to the subjects we propose