BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - AUTOMOTIVE (US-based position)
Please note that this is a US-based position.
We are in search of an Automotive Business Development Manager. This position will shape the future of one the fastest growing segments in 3D imaging and be responsible for managing and growing a hardware and software portfolio that delivers market share expansion.
The target market is next-generation infotainment, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous driving. The role requires analyzing the market size, technology trends and supply chain, and developing TAM/SAM models and product roadmap proposals. The position then requires collaborating both internally and externally on proposed roadmap ideas, and communicating your vision and unique product benefits to a varied set of audiences including the internal team, industry analysts and customers.
Responsibilities will include
- You will focus on new product and roadmap definition, using direct feedback from end-customers, vendors and the vertical supply chain
- You will work on market segment TAM/SAM modeling
- You will work on Business case generation, MRD creation, market launch plans and portfolio management
- You will build strategic partnerships with OEMs, Tier 1s and Tier 2s
- You will work on the promotion, training, pricing and go-to-market strategies
- You will trend analysis and market dynamics
- You will work on competitive analysis
- You work out strategic business planning, including R&D investment recommendations
- You will participate in tradeshows and industry conferences
- You are understanding and communicating with the full automotive supply chain
- You have 4 or more years’ experience within the automotive industry or automotive supply chain
- You possess a B.S.E.E. or similar background, with 5+ years of technical marketing/business development. MBA is preferred but not required
- You have preferably experience in semiconductor, imager, or computer vision industry experience
- If you have a strong technical background or with experience in embedded systems or gesture software it is a plus
- You are self-driven and directed, with a strong sense of ownership
- You have Business acumen and experience in a customer facing role
- You are able to analyze market reports and relate to market development dynamics
- You have a strong sense of customer orientation and effectiveness
- You are capable of driving alignment and collaboration across cross-functional groups
- You are willing to travel domestic and internationally 25-30% of the time
- SoftKinetic has people spread out across the globe, so conference calls and video calls at off-hours are required
Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and write “Business Development Manager - Automotive” in the subject field.
Posted on May 31st.