PROOF OF CONCEPT/CUSTOMIZATION ENGINEER
The proof-of-concept (PoC)/customization engineer will design and execute leading-edge PoCs including hardware, software and solutions that our external and internal customers will use to evaluate SoftKinetic’s 3D Time-of-flight technology. These PoCs will be made up of ToF CMOS sensors, optical components, IR light sources, device drivers, custom middleware and applications. This position will be based in the US.
- Adapt existing depth-sensing technologies into customized proof-of-concept demonstration systems to show how new technologies might be used.
- Create small volume batches of these PoCs for use in external and internal Sony/SoftKinetic teams.
- Work closely with external customers, product managers, user experience experts and quality engineers to develop concepts that will enlighten and inspire new ways to use our technology.
- Transfer promising PoCs to R&D to productize them.
- Occasional travel to external and internal customer locations may be required.
- You have a BSEE/CS (MSEE/CS preferred) or equivalent.
- You have 5 to 7 years of experience in consumer, automotive or industrial products engineering.
- You have a genuine passion for pioneering new technologies.
- You are able to adapt to changing technology needs and good customer skills.
- You have a solid understanding of hardware and software systems and their interactions with the complete system.
- You have knowledge of Windows, Linux and Android operating systems.
- You have good C/C++ and Python skills.
- You have an understanding of camera optics, sensors (ideally 3D) and IR illuminators (laser and/or LED).
- You have an understanding of video and audio USB devices and codecs on Windows and Linux.
- You have a knowledge of sensor data transfer interfaces such as MIPI, LVDS and DVP.
- You are able to customize PCB schematics and layouts.
- You have experience with mechanical modifications of plastics and metals
- You have excellent analytical ability and problem solving skills.
- You have proficient English written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of 3D printer design and fab skills a plus.
- Having experience working with external vendors is also a plus.
Open minded, friendly, self-evaluating and having a great sense of responsibility.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and write “Proof of Concept / Customization Engineer” in the subject field.
Posted on February 2, 2017