NEWS: 3D Gesture Recognition Advances with Release of SoftKinetic’s iisu™ 2.5
Award-Winning Software Now Includes Linux Support, Plug-in for Unity 3D
SAN FRANCISCO – 14 September, 2010 – SoftKinetic, the leading provider of 3D gesture recognition solutions, today announced the availability of iisu™ 2.5.
Key new features in the latest version of its gesture recognition middleware include Linux support, new UI development tools and an easy-to-use Interaction Designer.
Two and half years after releasing the version 1.0 of the middleware, iisu now powers tens of highly interactive applications around the world in both consumer and business-to-business markets. The current iteration of iisu includes the following enhancements:
- New platform: in addition to supporting Windows (NT, XP, Vista and 7), iisu is now available on Linux OS;
- iisu Interaction Designer: a powerful new tool targeted at game designers to easily prototype and add gesture recognition on their existing games and interactive application;
- Complete UI development framework: building dedicated user interfaces for gesture made easy thanks to this new powerful layer in iisu;
- New plug-in for Unity 3D: allowing Unity developers to directly access all iisu SDK functions in real time and directly within their standard development environment;
- Updated Flash plug-in: any Adobe Flash developer may now take advantage of iisu functions.
“Our goal is to simplify the life for developers who want to deliver compelling gesture based experiences on multiple platforms and with any 3D camera,” said Eric Krzeslo, co-founder and chief strategy officer, SoftKinetic. “In addition to reducing the CPU footprint of the SDK by over 75% compared to iisu 2.0, the R&D team has worked with multiple clients and partners to make the solution even more robust and worry free.”
For more information about iisu 2.5 and SoftKinetic, schedule a meeting with SoftKinetic’s team at this week’s Intel Developer Forum (San Francisco, 13–15 September). For business meetings, please contact Virgile Delporte at firstname.lastname@example.org; for press meetings, contact email@example.com.
SoftKinetic is the leading provider of natural interfaces that transform the way people interact with the digital world. SoftKinetic enables a fully immersive, transparent and intuitive user experience by providing a 3D real-time gesture recognition middleware to interactive digital entertainment, consumer electronics, health care and serious games companies. SoftKinetic, iisu, and Interface Is You are trademarks or registered trademarks of SoftKinetic S.A. For more information on SoftKinetic please visit www.softkinetic.com.
Media Contact for SoftKinetic
Wendy Beasley, TriplePoint
Download Press Release